Bedrijf van de week

Aangeboden: Bentley - S3 Saloon B478CN

Merk: Bentley Model: S3 Saloon B478CN
Bouwjaar: 1963 Carrosserie: Saloon
Brandstof: Benzine Transmissie: Automaat
Kilometerstand: Motorinhoud:
Kleur exterieur: Grey & Black Kleur interieur: Red
Soort bekleding: Leer    

Vertaald door Small-logo

A good example, smartly finished in Shell grey and black, with very attractive chrome work. The bumpers and over riders in particular are excellent, and are free from the minor parking dinks often found on these cars. The interior is a very nice place to be, having been excellently re-upholstered in red leather a few years ago, and with fresh carpets, good woodwork, etc. The engine was fully overhauled in 2008 at a cost of nearly £20,000, fully documented in the file that accompanies the car, along with more invoices for maintenance and repairs over the last decade or so, amounting to another £10,000. New tyres were fitted in 2015. Also in the file is a long run of MoT certificates, correspondence, ownership record, etc. Running nicely, driving well, and offered newly MoT tested.


Chassis No.  B748CN                     Reg. No.  YSK 324                  £37,500


Snippets: Whixley Hall, Hollin Hall & Dilham Hall

Colonel Harold Hammond Aykroyd MC (1896/1974) took delivery of B748CN at his 17th Century home Whixley Hall in Yorkshire.  The earliest part of the Hall dates from c1620 when it was built for Charles Tancred, subsequent generations of Tancreds inherited Whixley with the last family member remaining at the house until 1905, but not alive!  Christopher Tancred lived in Whixley Hall until his death in 1754; his will stipulated that Whixley Hall was to be used as an almshouse for 12 “decayed gentlemen” over the age of 50 with the proviso that his body remain at the Hall and not be put underground!  For some 70 years Christopher Tancred’s remains were placed in a brick vault until they were moved to a “Chapel Room” were they remained until 1905!  In 1905 the Hall was leased by Alfred Taylor (MD of T Cooke & Son, Scientific Instrument Makers) who had Whixley Hall restored by the architect Walter Brierley (known as Lutyens of the North).  Colonel Aykroyd & his family moved to Whixley Hall from Hollin Hall, Ripon after WWII and remained there until his death.  In September 1916 the Military Cross was awarded to 2nd Lt Harold Hammond Aykroyd for leading daring & skilful patrols in the Ancre Valley during the final phase of the Battle of the Somme.  After WWI Col. Aykroyd returned to work alongside his brother Alfred Aykroyd at the family concern of T F Firth & Sons, carpet manufacturers who produced carpets for Car Manufacturers, Casinos (Las Vegas), Liners (QE2), Trains (British Rail) and Hotels.  After the Colonel’s death B748CN was sold overseas and spent some time in Texas with the Vice President of Victoria Bank & Trust which after various mergers & acquisitions became part of the Wells Fargo Bank.  In 1996 B748CN was repatriated by A. J. Paterson of Dilham Hall in Norfolk – there are the remains of a 15th Century Castle in the grounds of Dilham Hall which was built for Sir Henry Inglose.  Earlier occupiers of Dilham Hall include Basil Cannell a gentleman farmer who, after 6 years of marriage moved his wife Catherine Cannell & their 4 children out of the Hall and replaced her with a village girl!  Mrs Cannell successfully sued for divorce and retained custody of the 4 children.